Y FAMILY CENTERS
Use of Face Coverings
- All Y associates are required to wear face coverings at all times in Y facilities
- Members will be expected to wear a face covering at all times at the Y, other than while swimming or engaging in other physical activities where the use of a face covering is likely to pose a bona fide safety risk or if, due to a bona fide disability or medical condition, it would be unsafe for the person to do so, or to the extent that wearing a face covering would impede communication by or with persons who have a hearing impairment or other disability, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Children ages two and over are required to wear face coverings while in Y family centers, unless their parent directs otherwise.
- Social distancing is required in all Y facilities and programs at all times.
- To facilitate this, exercise equipment has been removed or disabled so that proper spacing may be maintained. Plexiglas has been installed in key areas, and floor markers and signage have been installed throughout Y facilities.
- Stay & Play and other groups of children are limited to no more than 15 per group including the teacher/Y associate.
- Touchless temperature checks as well as brief symptom check questions are required for anyone entering our facilities. All children receive temperature checks before being admitted to Y Stay & Play.
Sanitizing and Cleaning Procedures, and Disinfectant Agents Used
- Our enhanced round the clock cleaning procedures help assure all surfaces and high touch points are kept clean and free of bacterial build-up. This includes continuous cleaning of high touch points and equipment every 45 minutes using PH7Q, a Neutral Disinfectant, which is phosphate‐free and designed to provide effective cleaning, deodorizing and disinfection to control cross contamination on treated surfaces. PH7Q kills bacteria and viruses including Human Coronavirus. We use this product for cleaning all surfaces throughout the day and we require our cleaning vendors to use it in our overnight contracted cleaning.
- Disinfectant wipes are used throughout Y Family Centers and are effective to kill bacteria, germs and viruses.
- Following CDC and the state of Maryland guidelines for the disinfection of surfaces in early childhood settings, the Y uses bleach in Stay & Play and Y Preschools to clean and disinfect toys and surfaces the children come in contact with.
- Hand sanitizer containing 70% alcohol is available at all Y locations.
- Children in Y programs are helped to wash their hands every 45 minutes and between activities. Y associates supervising children follow the same procedures.
- We have purchased Victory Fogger Electromagnetic Antimicrobial Sprayers. These are the sprayers which are currently being used by much of the airline industry to kill bacteria and viruses. The chemical used is called 256. As the chemical is discharged from the sprayer it is electromagnetically charged and adheres to surfaces and penetrates hard-to-get-to areas including cracks and crevices. Both backpack and handheld models are part of the overnight cleaning procedure for all Y facilities.
Ventilation: Air Conditioning and Heating Units
- We provide regular preventive maintenance to our units including routine filter changes. Our air filters come with a Minimum Efficiency Reporting Values (MERV) rating of 8. MERV ratings define the effectiveness of the filter against airborne particles which are measured in Microns. Each Micron is one millionth of a meter in size. We use MERV 8 filters in all Y cooling and heating units, the highest filter recommended for our heating and cooling systems which also enable unobstructed air flow. MERV filters rated 8 catch particles that are 3 to10 microns and are highly effective against bacteria, mold spores and dust mites.
- We use sodium hypochlorite liquid chlorine bleach in all Y in Central Maryland pools. Sodium hypochlorite is a CDC approved pool disinfectant which is applied in swimming pools for water disinfection and oxidation. Microorganisms cannot build up any resistance to it. Chlorine levels are checked every two hours and adjusted as need be.
Y CAMP, OUTDOOR GROUP EXERCISE and ALL OUTDOOR Y SPACES
- All Y associates social distance and wear masks at all times other than during vigorous exercise.
- Campers age 9 and older are encouraged to wear masks. Campers of all ages must have face masks with them and available every day for instances when social distancing may become difficult or in close spaces such as to use the indoor restroom, receive medications, receive first aid, and/or for brief indoor times in case of emergencies such as inclement weather.
- Social distancing is required and capacity limits are followed
- We use bleach as our standard disinfecting agent in outdoor program spaces for all high touch areas and equipment.
- Health procedures for campers include daily temperature checks, hand-washing in between each activity and staggered pick up and drop off
Please Note: Y associates will respectfully insist that all health and safety practices are followed at all times. The Y will also adjust policies based on local jurisdiction and state mandates and revised CDC and other public health guidelines as they become known. Thank you!