The Y is a charitable mission-driven organization dedicated to making our community a better place for all. Volunteers are necessary to this cause and are critically important for communities to thrive. The act of volunteering is often as rewarding for you as it is for those you are helping. Each year several thousand community members like you, pitch in and volunteer with the Y. Join us!
Here are some ways to make a difference in your community no matter how much time you have to give.
- “Like” and “share” our content you think could be helpful to your friends and family
- When you see a new face in your favorite class, be sure to say hi
- Hold the door for someone on your way into or out of a building
A Day, A Week
- Volunteer to read to children in our Stay & Play activity rooms or Y Preschool and Head Start Centers
- Make welcome packets for those new to the Y
- Volunteer at one of our special events like the annual Y Turkey Trot Charity 5K
- Share your special skills with children in our Before & After School Enrichment programs
A Bit Longer, Maybe Even a Year
- Coach or referee a team or games
- Join Togetherhood, our member-led community service program
- Volunteer on one of our Community Leadership Boards
- Become a mentor in our Reach & Rise or Big Brothers Big Sisters at the Y mentoring programs
Interested In Taking The Next Step?
Regardless of how you do it or how often you do it, the key is just to do it. Feel free to explore our current VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES or fill in our VOLUNTEER INTEREST FORM and someone from the Y will be in touch shortly. Thank you.