A Focus on School Readiness
Y Preschool is a trusted early childhood education program that combines a safe and happy educational environment with an intentional, proven curriculum designed to stimulate intellectual, emotional, and social growth - all with the focus of preparing children for success in kindergarten and beyond. Our program provides development opportunities for young children to:
- learn through play
- develop cognitive and physical health
- become enthusiastic, inquisitive learners
- develop character
- be independent and self-confident
Children enrolled in Y Preschool routinely assess at, or more often, above state averages across all school readiness measures.
View our online brochure to learn more about our proven, intentional curriculum, view sample schedules and lesson plans, and explore all that Y Preschool has to offer!
Y PRESCHOOL CHILDREN AND PARENTS CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:
- A safe environment with enhanced health procedures to keep children, parents and Y associates safe and healthy.
- A nurturing environment, modern classrooms with the latest technology, private playgrounds, and more
- An exciting new curriculum that promotes exploratory learning through play, art, music, and age-appropriate STEM and literacy activities
- A quality education led by experienced teachers whose qualifications exceed Office of Child Care requirements
- Meaningful interactions that promote school-readiness and social-emotional development at every age
- New discoveries captured through electronic daily reports that include photos of your child's day and curriculum highlights
MEMBERSHIP FOR ALL
Membership is the unifying hub of Y community life. All families enrolled in Y Preschool receive a Y family membership as a part of their program enrollment. This membership benefit is annually worth over $1,200 per family but more importantly, it expands the value of your family's engagement with the Y!
Your Y family membership includes:
- Unlimited access to all 11 Y family centers in Central Maryland
- Free Stay & Play for your little ones while you use the Y
- Group exercise classes
- Exclusive enrollment in skill building youth sports classes
- Use of our lap and family fun pools
- Brand-new exercise equipment
- Use of gymnasiums, family game rooms and rock walls
- A wide range of family programming (like Parents' Night Out- free date nights!)
- Opportunities to volunteer in your community
- And so much more!
Plus, your Y membership continues at no cost to you even during school holidays and the summer months, for as long as your child is enrolled in Y Preschool.
SCHEDULE A TOUR TODAY!
To enroll in Y preschool, your first step is to fill out this form or call/email the preschool director to schedule a tour. During the tour, the director will answer any questions you may have as you tour the classrooms, meet our teachers and learn about daily routines, curriculum, and our goals and expectations.
There are five Y preschool locations in central Maryland serving children ranging in age from 6 weeks - 5 years. Ages vary by location. Select a preschool center to schedule a tour and get more information about ages, program hours and details, sample daily schedule, and more.
- The Betty Sterner Y Preschool in Catonsville (Baltimore County)
850 South Rolling Road Catonsville, MD 21228
- Y Chipmunks Preschool (Carroll County)
2101 Old Westminster Pike Finksburg, MD 21048
- Y Preschool in Towson (Baltimore County)
301 West Chesapeake Avenue Towson, MD 21204
- Y Preschool at UMBC (Baltimore County)
1000 Hilltop Circle Baltimore, MD 21250
- Sherman Early Childhood Center (Baltimore City)
900 East 33rd Street Baltimore, MD 21218
Y OPEN DOORS SAVINGS
Y Open Doors Savings could help lower your rates. In most cases, we also accept Child Care Subsidy (CCS) vouchers. Learn more and apply today HERE.