VISION 2025: All in on Community is the Y's strategic plan which will guide our work through at least 2025. Following the direction set by our Board of Directors, our plan is based on months of market research and in-depth discussions with more than 200 Y stakeholders including our members, program participants, volunteers and associates.
All in on Community is informed by five guiding principles:
- We will continue to uphold and promote our core values in everything we do
- We will expand our and the community’s notion of what Y membership means; emphasizing its critical role in creating connected, inclusive, and healthy communities
- We will invest in and seek support for our core assets (existing youth development programming; existing Y family centers; communities we’re already serving; our associates)
- We will continue to rebuild our financial capacity and model to ensure that we are less susceptible to future unexpected economic and/or public health challenges
- We will be a better, more equitable, inclusive and nimble organization
With the social disparity challenges highlighted during Covid, and in the face of an increasingly polarized, intolerant political and social landscape, our goal was to determine the best possible strategy for building a more inclusive and connected Central Maryland community in which Y membership creates a sense of belonging, engagement, empathy, health, and well-being for all. This approach led to the development of four mission strategies for our work through 2025. They are:
- Mission Strategy 1: Membership in the Y will create a stronger sense of belonging, inclusion and well-being
- Mission Strategy 2: Optimize and Grow our Core Assets and Resources
- Mission Strategy 3: Become the 'Go-To' Workplace to Make Change and Thrive
- Mission Strategy 4: Rebuild Our Financial Health by Evolving Our Business Model
Below is an overview of our strategic plan, however you are welcome to read our entire strategic plan, VISION 2025: ALL IN ON COMMUNITY.
VISION STATEMENT: The Y will build a more inclusive and connected Central Maryland community in which Y membership creates a sense of belonging, engagement, empathy, health, and well-being for all. This inclusion and connection will impact people and families more deeply across all of the Y’s points of access.