Removing Income as a Barrier
Income should not be a barrier to good health and happiness. As a cause-driven, charitable organization, the Y is deeply committed to raising the funds necessary so that everyone in our community can participate in Y programs and services that encourage positive growth, promote a healthy lifestyle, build community and support social responsibility.
Through Y Open Doors, we're able to help families and individuals potentially lower their cost to participate in Y programs and services.
Y Open Doors for Youth Development Programs
Y Open Doors may help reduce your cost for Y youth development programs. If you need help for camp, before & after school enrichment, or preschool, please download and complete the confidential Y OPEN DOORS APPLICATION FOR PROGRAMS.
All Youth Development related Open Doors applications can be submitted to the Y using one of the following options:
- Mail: The Y in Central Maryland 303 W. Chesapeake Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21204
- Fax: 410-779-9426
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person: Any Y Center
In most cases, we accept Child Care Subsidy (CCS) program vouchers for Preschool and Before & After School Enrichment. An award, denial, waitlist or receipt of application from CCS must be submitted along with the Y Open Doors application. If you are awarded CCS and/or Y Open Doors, additional program discounts and promotions cannot be applied.
Due to a change made by the MD State Department of Childcare, we are no longer able to accept CCS vouchers for camp. We strongly encourage families to please apply for Y Open Doors for camp.
Y Open Doors for Membership
Y Open Doors may help families and individuals potentially lower their monthly membership fees. To apply, please download and complete the confidential Y OPEN DOORS APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP and submit it to any Y CENTER.
The application process usually takes approximately two weeks from when all paperwork is submitted.
- Submit your application and any necessary paperwork (identified on the application).
- Once submitted, you will receive confirmation within 48 business hours that your application is being processed or additional information is needed.
- Once your application is processed, you will be notified of the outcome. If assistance is awarded, you will need to officially accept the award by signing an acceptance letter.
If you have questions about your Y Open Doors application or would like to check on the status of your application, please contact a Y CENTER (for membership) or Y Customer Service at 443-322-8000, email@example.com.