Y Preschool is a trusted early childhood education program that combines a safe and happy educational environment with an intentional, proven curriculum designed to stimulate intellectual, emotional, and social growth - all with the focus of preparing children for success in kindergarten and beyond.
Our program provides development opportunities for young children to:
- learn through play
- develop cognitive and physical health
- become enthusiastic, inquisitive learners
- develop character (caring, honesty, respect, responsibility)
- be independent and self-confident
- Full-day, full-time infant and toddler program for ages 6 weeks to 24 months
- Full-day, full-time (4-5 days/week) preschool for ages 2 - 5
- Full-day, part-time (2-3 days/week) preschool for ages 2 - 5
- Half-day pre-k program (M-F 9:00am - 12:00pm) for ages 3 - 5
- Wrap-around program for local Head Start programs for ages 3 - 5
- Wrap-around program for local pre-k programs for ages 4 - 5
- Before & After School Enrichment for ages 5 - 12 serving students in the Church Creek Elementary school district.
Accreditations & Proven Results
Maryland State Public Schools currently use the Maryland Model for School Readiness (MMSR) Assessment to measure the school readiness level of upcoming kindergartners. The Maryland State average for children fully ready to enter kindergarten is 82%. Children enrolled in Y Preschool routinely assess at, or more often, above state averages across all school readiness measures.
The Y Preschool in Riverside is accredited by:
- Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE)
- Maryland Excels
- National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA)
Using the Core Knowledge Preschool Curriculum and the Creative Curriculum, our experienced teachers teach the skills related to school-readiness as measured by the Maryland State Department of Education. Both curriculums demonstrate best practices and are comprised of skills and activities that provide children with solid, coherent foundations for later learning.
The most important goal of our curriculum is to help children become enthusiastic learners. This means encouraging children to be active and creative explorers who are not afraid to try out their ideas and share their own thoughts. We teach children how to learn, allowing them to learn at their own pace and in the ways that are best for them. We instill good habits and attitudes, character development, and a positive sense of self which will benefit children throughout their lives.