INDOOR AND OUTDOOR GROUP EXERCISE
Registration is not required for indoor or outdoor group exercise classes. To participate in a class, just go to the center and scan in. You’ll be given a token for your class. Take the token to your instructor and drop it in the container. Easy as that!
Tokens are distributed no earlier than 30 minutes before class. To see what indoor and outdoor group ex classes are available, check your center's online schedule below.
GROUP EXERCISE GUIDELINES
- Please do not attend class if you are not feeling well.
- Tokens are distributed no earlier than 30 minutes before each class
- Indoor class sizes can accommodate no more than 20 participants (depending on the size of the room).
- While in our family center Ys and Y swim centers, all individuals must wear a mask fully covering their nose and mouth at all times, including during cardio exercise - without exceptions, unless you are in the swimming pool or the shower. For outdoor activities such as outdoor group exercise, masks are not required as long as adequate social distancing is possible. For more information concerning mask use, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Due to safety precautions, we are unable to provide fitness mats at this time. Please bring your own mat, towel and water bottle.
- Please follow space allocations (social distancing) set by instructors.
- Classes range from 30-60 minutes long.
- After your class ends, we ask that you please depart immediately so the next class can arrive without overcrowding.
- Outdoor classes are weather-permitting. For the safety of our instructors and members, outdoor group exercise classes will be cancelled if the "real feel" temperature is 32-degrees Fahrenheit or below. The "real feel" temperature factors in wind chill. If we need to cancel an outdoor class, a text alert will be sent out. Please OPT-IN TO "OUTSIDE GROUP EX" TEXT ALERTS HERE for the center(s) you attend. If A.M. classes are cancelled, a text will be sent by 7am the morning of classes. If evening classes are cancelled, a text will be sent by 3pm the same day.
WATER EXERCISE CLASSES
|The Y in Catonsville||The Orokawa Y in Towson|
|The Ward Y in Abingdon||The Hill Y in Westminster|
|The Y in Druid Hill||The Weinberg Y in Waverly|
|The Greater Annapolis Y in Arnold||The Y in Pasadena|
|The Y in Parkville||The Dancel Y in Ellicott City|
|The Y Swim Center in Randallstown|
- Pre-registration is required as class sizes are limited.
- Pre-registration will open two days prior to your desired class.
- We ask that you register for no more than one class per day so that all members have an opportunity to participate.
- Youth ages 11-15 may participate in water exercise with a parent. Both the youth and the parent must pre-register and both must be in the pool actively participating in the class.
- Lockers and changing rooms are currently not available, so please remember to arrive ready to enjoy the pool directly after checking in at the front desk.
- Locker rooms are now open! You are required to rinse off before entering the pool.
Register for Water Exercise Class