How You Can Help
We can only do our work with the generous support of our community: individual donors, corporate partners and grant funders. Each one-on-one match costs approximately $2,000 to support for a year. It’s a lot of money but the gains are worth it and every dollar helps.
We have a huge waiting list. Your support helps us to get kids off the waitlist and into productive mentoring relationships that can change their lives forever.
We need every bit of help we can get to help our kids and support positive role modeling for youth who need the presence of another pair of caring, responsible eyes on them to reach their fullest potential. Our waiting list is large. The need is great. Each match costs approximately $2,000 a year to support. Every dollar is needed and is greatly appreciated. Help change a child’s life for good. Please donate now.
Savers is a global thrift retailer whose business helps more than 120 non-profit organizations. As a partner with Savers, we collect donations which are purchased by Savers to help us continue our mentoring program. There are three easy ways you can choose to get involved:
- DONATION DROP-OFF: As you're out and about, swing by one of the designated Savers locations and drop off your donated clothing and/or household items. Locations include Savers drop boxes and the Savers Donation Centers in Parkville and Owings Mills. To find a location, click here. Be sure to check out the list of accepted items.
- SCHEDULE A DONATION PICK-UP: Savers will come to you! Schedule a home pick-up of donated clothing and/or household items and a Savers truck will come to your home to get them. You may schedule a home pick-up here or call 1-844-700-2227. General inquiries may also be directed to that phone number.
- DIY FUNDRIVE: Rally the troops and get your family, friends and neighbors involved! Do-it-yourself FUNdrives are easy and generate a lot of goodwill!
Bowl for Kid's Sake
Bowl for Kids’ Sake is a super fun way to give your organization a team building event that’s a blast, easy to do and helps kids continue on a positive path. Each year employee teams across Maryland come together to have fun and raise money to support Big Brothers Big Sisters as we change how children grow up! It only takes a little bit of effort to raise the money that is vital to our program’s success. Be a fundraiser. Be a donor. Be a bowler! It's easy, just follow these four steps:
- Register your team (6 people per team).
- Set a team fundraising goal. We suggest $1,200.
- Motivate your team to raise money for Big Brothers Big Sisters at the Y.
- HAVE FUN! Join us at the local bowling center, to celebrate your team's success!
Our next Bowl for Kids' Sake event will take place in spring 2018. Keep an eye out for more information.