To join the Y online, CLICK HERE and follow the prompts.
Join In Person
STEP 1 Choose your MEMBERSHIP TYPE
STEP 2 Choose your membership plan
- Continuous: Preferred among Y members. Monthly payments are automatically drafted from your credit card (recommended for faster processing), checking or savings account. Pay for your membership month-by-month!
- Annual: Payment for a one-year Y membership is made up front at the time you join. Memberships are renewed on an annual basis.
STEP 3 Go to your nearest Y center and join today! Be sure to bring a valid driver’s license/ID and one of the following:
- A valid credit card to set up an automatic bank draft from your credit card account
- A voided or cancelled check to set up an automatic bank draft from your checking account
- A bank deposit slip to set up an automatic bank draft from you savings account
If at any time during your membership, you wish to add or remove family members, change your membership type, change your banking information, etc. please contact your Y center.
All members must acknowledge that they have read, understood and agree to follow the rules and policies stated in the MEMBER HANDBOOK. Policies are in place to ensure a positive Y experience that is safe, enjoyable and respectful for all.
Additionally, all new members receive our NEW MEMBER GUIDE, which is an overview of the many opportunities available to you and your family at the Y.
Policies regarding membership fees, payment and termination are below.
Association-wide membership gives access to all Y centers in Central Maryland as well as Y's across the nation. If you plan to visit another Y outside of Central Maryland, please call that Y before your visit to inquire about their visiting member policies.
Some Y in Central Maryland centers also offer center-specific memberships which are valid only at that particular center.
A one-time joining fee is due at the time of sign-up for new members. “New” is defined as not having a Y membership in the last 30 days. All joining fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Membership fees may be paid continuously through automatic monthly drafts via your bank checking or savings account or credit card, if applicable. Fees may also be paid in full for the year at the time of sign up, then renewed annually. All membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
A charge of $25.00 will be assessed for any electronic draft or check not honored by a member’s bank due to insufficient funds or closed accounts. If an electronic withdraw is not honored, the member will be required to pay the past month’s dues and a $25.00 service charge in cash, charge or certified check.
Rates are subject to change. A 30-day advance notice will be sent to you notifying you of any rate changes.
To ensure a prompt and convenient entry into Y Centers, each member is given a membership card. All members must present a valid card upon entry into the center. There is a $5.00 replacement fee for lost or stolen cards.
We work hard to provide an enjoyable and positive member experience, but should you decide to terminate your membership:
- All joining fees and membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Members who choose to pay their membership fees via monthly bank draft are on a continuous membership plan. This membership will remain in effect until you initiate its termination by filling out a Y in Central Maryland membership cancellation form. Cancellations must be done 30 days in advance of the date your payment is deducted. Failure to do so will result in that month’s dues being drafted.
- Memberships paid via annual payments expire after the end of the one-year contract with the option to renew at that time.
The Y in Central Maryland reserves the right to terminate or revoke membership in cases of misconduct or policy violations.