The partial list of policies below help ensure that everyone who enters our center has a positive Y experience. For full details and policies, please refer to our Member Handbook.
Guest Policy (partial)
The Y extends our member services to current members who want to bring a guest. All centers have guest hours and may on occasion restrict guest usage to ensure the safety and comfort of our current members. We highly encourage members to contact the Y prior to visiting with a guest to check hours and make sure there are no restrictions in place. Guests under age 18 must have a parent/guardian sign them in on their first visit. Guests under age 13 must be accompanied by an adult at all times during their visit.
- One complimentary visit per person, per year (Jan 1—Dec 31) when accompanied by a current member
- Additional visit (or visits without a current member) $10 per person, per visit
Fitness Center Youth Age Policy (partial)
- Children age 7 and under are welcome to use many areas of the center with direct supervision by an adult, but for safety reasons, they are not permitted in the fitness center.
- Children age 8 - 12 are welcome to use the cardio equipment, provided they complete the Kids Cardio class (indicated by a yellow wristband); are directly supervised by a parent/guardian, equipment fits properly and the child meets the following height requirements: treadmill and rower: 52"; Keiser bike: 59"; all other cardio equipment: 58"
- Youth age 13 - 15 may use the cardio and strength equipment (but not free weights), provided they have taken the Teen Quest training class (indicated by a blue wristband). If the class has not been taken, only cardio equipment may be used after completion of the Kids Cardio class (indicated by a yellow wristband) and proper fit of the equipment is met. The child must be directly supervised by a parent/guardian.
- Youth age 16 and up have no restrictions (aside from behavior).
Stay & Play Policy (partial)
This complimentary service is available to children age 6 weeks to 10 years who are part of a Family Membership. Parents participating in activities in the center are permitted to leave their child(ren) with Stay & Play associates for a maximum period of 1 1/2 hours while in the Center..
Drop-off and Pick-up
- Photo ID will be required when using Stay & Play.
- Parents must sign-in children when dropping them off.
- All children will receive a name tag.
- Parents must sign-out children when picking them up.
- Photo ID will be returned once you’ve signed your child out.
- The person who is pictured on the photo ID must be the one to drop-off and pick-up.
Class Make-Up Policy
If a fee-based class is cancelled by the Y, we will make every attempt to provide a make-up class within the session. If we are unable to provide a make-up class, a proportionate credit will be applied to your Y account. Unless otherwise noted, classes run for 7 weeks with the 8th week reserved for make-ups, if needed.
Inclement Weather Policy
All unplanned closings, delays and cancellation announcements will be made via our text alert system. We strongly recommend that all Y members sign up for text alerts. You can sign up for alerts that impact an entire Center or a specific program. Set your alert preferences at ymaryland.org/alerts.
These announcements will also be posted on your Y’s Facebook page.